Each year, the Penn Medicine Nudge Unit hosts a Nudges in Health Care Symposium. The goals of the event are to:
- Assemble health systems that are interested in implementing nudges or forming nudge units
- Share insights on lessons learned from implementing nudges in health care
- Network and build collaborations across health systems
The first two symposiums were hosted on Penn's campus and brought together leaders from 30 health systems. In 2021, the symposium took place virtually, and we broadened the audience to include health plans and any other organizations working on using nudges to improve health care. More than 400 people representing over 200 organizations from around the world attended to hear from featured speakers, including David Halpern of the Behavioural Insights Team, Susan Lucas Collins of Twilio, and Mohan Balachandran of Way to Health.
- View the 2021 agenda
- Watch a recording of the event
- Read abstracts written by attendees about implementing nudges to improve health care
Individuals interested in being notified when information about the next Nudges in Health Care Symposium is announced should complete this form.
- Report From The First National 'Nudge Units in Health Care' Symposium
- Key Insights on Launching a Nudge Unit within a Health Care System
- Report From the 2019 Nudges in Health Care Symposium